Notice for EIE2105 DCS students
Pls revisit this homepage frequently to update your information.
§ Exam: 0%
§ Continuous Assessment.: 100%:
· lab report + homework: 40%
· tests: 40%
· quiz: 10%
· class questions: 10 %
· If you have limited amount of time to do your revision, focus on the tutorial question sets, quizzes, lab tasks, exercises etc. (2020/11/27)
· Tutorial solution sets 7 & 7A were uploaded. (2020/11/27)
· Tutorial solution set 6 was uploaded. (2020/11/17)
· An example of designing a traffic light controller is here. (2020/10/30)
· Tutorial solution set 5 was uploaded. (2020/10/30)
· An extra set of exercises were uploaded for you to do revision. (2020/10/21)
· Tutorial solution set 4 was uploaded. (2020/10/19)
· New arrangements of quizzes: (2020/9/26)
To use our lecture time more efficiently, we will
o reduce the number of quizzes (either by turning some of them into class assignments or just cancelling them) and
o conduct quizzes in tutorials instead of lectures unless specified otherwise.
According to the original arrangement, there will be 10 class activities (quizzes + class assignments). In case the total number of quizzes and class assignments are fewer than 10 at the end, the weighting of each activity will be adjusted. Suppose we have N quizzes / class assignments at the end. I will count your best N-1 towards the final grade. The 20% will be equally shared by the N-1 activities.
· Tutorial solution sets 1 & 2 were uploaded. (2020/9/26)
Tentative schedule is as follows:
My ppt version is subject to change as I may update it for better
§ Introduction to the microprocessor and computer [1in1 version]
§ The microprocessor and its architecture [1in1 version]
· Addressing modes [1in1 version]
· datapath [1in1 version]
· There is no tutorial session in week 1.
(Note: Tutorial 1 means it is the 1st tutorial question set in a sequence of question sets. It does not imply that it has to be discussed in tutorial session 1.)
· There will be quizzes or classwork every week from week 3 to 13.
· 2 marks each.
· Total ceiling is 20%
You can always seek for help from me and the tutor (Mr. Felix Yu @DE503).
· Prepare a logbook for your lab sessions. You are requested to log down any findings, observations and data obtained in each lab activity. You should provide quick answers to the questions listed in the lab sheets and submit it at the end of every lab session via blackboard.
A lot of interactive examples for you to get familiar with the operation of various logic gates and functional blocks.
· You may need it to do some assignments and prepare the laboratory activities, so better get familiar with this tool as soon as possible. The department has installed this software in Rm.CF503.